This package contains a series of effect plugins for Paint.NET.
Two new adjustments have been added: Monochrome Recolor and Duotone Recolor.
Drop Shadow is faster, and now supports widening and blur up to 120 pixels.
A few minor bugs have been fixed, and all effects have been updated for Paint.net 5.0.
To install, unzip the downloaded file and run "Install.exe". Paint.NET version 5.0 or later is required.
If you like these effects, you can donate. Your donations keep the development of these effects going.
Effects per category:
- Drop Shadow: The "Drop Shadow" effect, under the Object effect menu. With offset, widening, blur, and a color picker with transparency.
- Duotones: "Duotone Light", "Duotone Ink on Paper" and "Duotone Recolor" adjustments.
- Monochromes: "Cyanotype", "Grayscale on Colored Paper", "Monochrome Ink on Paper" and "Monochrome Recolor" adjustments.
- Blurs: "Average Blur" and "Smart Blur" effects, under the Blurs effect menu.
- Color Accent: "Color Accent" adjustment.
- FadeEdge: "Fade Edge" effect, under the Photo effect menu.
- Gradient: A four-color, non-linear "Gradient" effect with high quality color dithering, under the Render effect menu.
- Gridlines: Draws a grid with horizontal and vertical lines, under the Render menu.
- Object Align: Aligns the object in the selection to the selection.
- Make Color Transparent: Adjustment to make a given color transparent.
Version 4.3.3 was released on June 6, 2022
Drop Shadow has been completely rewritten and is a lot faster than the previous version.
Some other effects have minor performance improvements as well.
Version 4.3.2 was released on March 19, 2022.
Version 4.3.2 brings new performance improvements in all effects.
Drop Shadow is up to 8 times faster than the previous version, depending on hardware and image characteristics. It now supports widening and blur up to 100 pixels wide.
Version 4.3.1 was released on February 12, 2022.
Version 4.3.1 is again a lot faster than previous versions.
All effects benefit from the optimizations, especially Drop Shadow, which now supports wider shadows.
The Gradient effect (in the Render effect menu) has been improved and now supports transparency.
Version 4.3 was released on January 20, 2022.
Version 4.3 adds a new adjustment: Make Color Transparent.
All effects have been optimized and have significant speed improvements.
Version 4.3 now also supports the Windows Store version of Paint.NET.
Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools.